AmigaActive (1152/2143)

From:Dauber
Date:15 May 2000 at 13:52:12
Subject:Hard drive troubles -- thanks

Thanks to the person who suggested I use IDEFix97 for my new 13.6gb hard
drive. I was surprised I had to use this, as both OS 3.5 and PFS 3 are
supposed to be able to handle large partitions.

I was able to partition the drive into several 2GB partitions, and that
worked; however, it still wouldn't touch partitions larger than that,
amazingly, but that's OK.

ONe more question: my Amiga still thinks it's an 8GB drive. How can I get it
to recognize at least some of the other 5.6GB? I'm not willing to believe I
have THAT many bad blocks!

IT Professionals: Match your unique skills with the best IT projects at